Baking a scrumptious chocolate cake is a fear of most people. Many people think that cake baking is a tough thing to do, and they would end up with a tasteless or hard cake, or the frosting may not be the same as needed. But in reality, the truth is, that if you follow the recipe correctly, one step at a time, you will have a great cake without any fear. In this article you will find the basic tips related to batter mixing, preparing and filling the pan, as simple mistakes done during these steps will certainly cause problems in getting an ultimate cake. Next time when you prepare a lemon cake or any other cake, make sure to keep these easy tips in mind in order to have a delicious cake.
How to prepare a pan
• Make sure that you always use the same size of the pan that is written in the recipe.
• Properly greasing and light flouring your pan is an important thing to do, before starting your batter. If your pan is not properly greased, your cake may stick to the bottom of the pan.
• When using an elaborate design pan, make sure to grease all the points and corners thoroughly. You can also use vegetable non-stick spray for this purpose.
• If you are preparing a sponge cake or angel cake, do not grease or flour the pan, because the cake may not rise properly because of greasing or flouring. If required, you can use wax paper.
The batter mixing tips
• All the ingredients should be kept at room temperature for 15-20 minutes before starting the batter.
• It is important to correctly measure the ingredients, before using them.
• Oven should be preheated for 15 minutes.
• When using electric beater, make sure not to over beat the batter. You have to beat it until all the ingredients are fully blended.
• When using hands, make sure that you blend all the ingredients thoroughly. It may take a longer time.
• If you are using butter, it should be soft before blending it with sugar.
• Add egg one at a time, blend it properly into the batter, and then add the next one.
How to fill the pan
• Pan should not be filled more than ¾ of the pan to allow proper rising of the cake.
• When using a square pan, make sure to properly fill all the corners.
• Keep in mind that the cooking time may change when using a different pan than the one written in the recipe.